Motofusion Radiator Guard (also known as Fin Protector, Fin Cover, Radiator Cover etc) is a means to extend the life of the radiator by preventing damage to the fins and helping in maintaining the high efficiency of the engine. They are a must, if you love to drive off-road or you regularly commute on a road which usually has pebbles and other debris.
In normal circumstances, stones and other debris are thrown towards the radiator by the front tyre and by other vehicles passing nearby. These debris bends the fins and causes damage to the radiator. A radiator with bent fins has a lower efficiency than a brand new one. This leads to decrease in the efficiency with which engine is cooled. It could be dangerous to ride the bike in this condition and replacing these parts is expensive, in case of sport bikes. Fitting the bike with Motofusion Radiator Guard results in reducing these costs. Hence, these are meant to be cost effective way of keeping your bike in good condition.
The Weld-less design makes it look stylish, while providing optimum protection to the radiator.
Fitted directly over the radiator, they prevent the stones and debris from hitting the radiator and damaging its fins. Sandwiched between the outer structure is the mesh, that has a net approximate air flow rate of 70%, thus providing an optimum balance between air flow and protection.
The Motofusion Radiator Guard is made from Aluminium, thus being sturdy and lightweight at the same time. Bolts are made up of Stainless Steel, to provide a rust proof experience.
The full product is made via a combination of various processes, including computer guided machining, to make sure all products are identical. The computer based machining makes sure the product is made within a narrow tolerance and is made as intended by the designers.
Fitting the Motofusion Radiator Guard is very easy. It only takes basic tools to Install it.
The aluminium is given colors using the process called Anodizing or Powdercoating. This is a very high grade coating, which makes it suitable for all weather use.
Motofusion Radiator Guard is available in 2 colors: Anodised Orange, Anodised Black and Powdercoated Black.
There is Free Shipping with Motofusion Radiator Guard, all over India, when bought through http://motofusion.in
It fits the following bikes, which are sold in India:
- KTM 390 Duke BS4 BS6
- KTM 250 Duke BS4 BS6
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
- Motofusion Radiator Guard (1 No)
- Bolts (2 Nos) (Only Useful for 2013-16 version Dukes)
- Zip Ties (4 Nos) (Only Useful for 2013-16 version Dukes)
- Foam Strip (To avoid Vibration Noise)
- The radiator guard protects best against large and medium size stones and other debris. Protecting against tiny sized stones and other debris would require a smaller mesh, which in turn will reduce the efficiency of the radiator. Hence, Motofusion Radiator Guard has net approx. 70% air flow for optimum protection and efficiency.
- Stock Radiator Cover (Plastic) has to be removed for Installing Motofusion Radiator Guard, otherwise net air flow will be very low and engine will heat up.